1. Learn what the vision, mission, and strategic plan of your organization are.
2. Identify ways in which volunteer involvement supports the strategic plan.
3. Identify where you may have gaps in programming/service.
4. Create volunteer positions that satisfy the needs of placement areas.
5. Have staff and clients evaluate volunteer engagement and make suggestions on improvements.
6. Measure and report the impact of what volunteers do.
These six steps assure that volunteers are recruited and placed in truly strategic, meaningful ways and set the stage to articulate the impact of volunteer engagement from a balanced perspective.
It is vital for leaders of volunteers to create alignment between the role of volunteers and the mission of the organization.
Six important steps to meeting that goal are.